Friday Finds: 9.22.17
Happy Fall! I can’t believe it’s finally here! I’m happy and sad at the same time because I hate the fact that summer ended, but YAY fall! I mean, it’s decorative gourd season!
In other news, am I the only one who does the cup in a cone thing? I posted this on Instagram stories (you guys do follow me on insta, right 😉) and got so many messages telling me I’m a genius, so I had to share it with the world! I love it cause, your ice cream is in a cup so it doesn’t melt all over your hands. I’m the slowest ice cream eater ever so this is a very pressing concern for me. As a bonus, the cone is a natural holder and at the end, you get to eat it, san soggy ice cream parts! The best of both worlds, cup and cone!
- Only in Japan: pancake flavored pudding!
- I don’t really listen to Iggy Azalea, but this article on her rise and fall was pretty interesting. Also, Jezebel is weird.
- It’s all over the internet: Max Landis’ epic paper on Carly Rae Jepsen. I actually read the 150 page paper. It was solid and I’m pretty convinced.
- These all white animals kinda freak me out. You too?
- Kaiseki and its influence on modern dining.
- Have you guys watched mother!? I accidentally kind of sort of read a spoiler but I still don’t know what to make of it. Spoilers here and here.
- These chicken parm meatballs look all kinds of perfect.
- Corn and shiso fritters, yum!
- I love sheet cakes and this one is so perfectly pumpkin.
- Give me a giant bowl of tomato-y braised beef and orzo please – pure comfort food.
I’ve got my eyes on you:
- I’ve been dying to try out an Instant Pot, but they’re so big. But now that this mini guy is out, I may cave. Do you guys have one? Do you love it?!
- The new Killers album is out!
- Looking forward to checking out Alice Waters’ memoir.
This week on I am a Food Blog:
Have a wonderful first weekend of fall!
fresh from the oven pretzels and warm beer cheese,