Friday Finds: 2.23.18
Whew! It’s been a snowy week here and to be honest, it’s kind of sort of been perfect. I thought I was over winter, but it’s been so white and cozy that I’m convinced that winter can stay…for another couple of weeks at least!
We spent the snowy days making blueberry muffins (my first blueberry muffin making experience!) and various beef stews. Oh, and much internet was had, of course. What have you guys been up to?
- Have you guys been following the Olympics figure skating? I’m obsessed. Partially because of the costumes. They take hours to make and there are only a handful of people in the world who make them. Also, I totally ship Virtue and Moir. Side note: like any good Asian mom mine tried to get me into figure skating when I was a kid but I noped out of the rink so fast that I didn’t even last for one lesson.
- Speaking of the Olympics, the North Korean cheerleaders are fascinating.
- Are you down to eat these bananas?
- What color do you think tennis balls are?
- I really dig Drake’s latest song – not so closet Drake fan here – but strangely have conflicted feelings on the video. What do you guys think?
- Looks like all not is all well in Instagram corporate.
- On another Instagram note, is Instagram ruining croissants?
- Group chats – they save lives. Side note, are group chats a West Coast thing or is this writer bunk?
- Seeing color after a life of colorblindness.
- I think I might check out some of these food games >_<
- Fat is back and you can eat it and lose weight too, if you do it right.
- Um, I need these San Francisco garlic noodles like yesterday…and right now, please and thank you.
- I love Chinese turnip cake! Such a classic Lunar New Year treat 🙂
- This veggie tortilla soup from A Couple Cooks will warm you right up. Plus they have a new book out!
- I think I could eat 6 of these cookies daily and be happy.
I’ve got my eyes on you:
- I just finished Future Home of the Living God: A Novel and I thought I would really enjoy it, but for me, it fell flat. I love dystopian fiction, but this just felt a little too inspired by Margret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale, but without any of the compelling parts or a satisfying ending. If you’re read it, let me know what you think 🙂
- Speaking of other disappointing dystopian books, I didn’t love Annihilation either – but I did consume it in about two nights, so I was definitely entertained. I think this one might be a case where I like the movie more than I liked the book, but maybe not considering this review.
- Considering trying out these Turkish bath towels. Have you tried Turkish towels? Thoughts?
Lately on I am a Food Blog:
- Keeping the cold away with Chinese hot pot all night, every night.
- This Malaysian chicken curry has my heart – spicy, coconutty, and over the top delicious, especially with homemade roti canai.
- Hello weeknight dinner: crispy lemongrass chicken thighs!
- Or maybe you’re feeling more like a Japanese gyudon beef bowl?
- If you’re gonna visit Japan, please eat a bowl of wonton ramen for me!!!!
Wishing you guys a wonderful weekend!
cozy sweaters and mugs full of soup,