10 Facts About Dilwale That Are Probably More Interesting Than The Film Itself
It had been 5 years since we saw them paired together in My Name Is Khan. Shahrukh Khan and Kajol teamed up once again in Dilwale in 2015. Dilwale was everything fans didn’t want the film to be and yet, it was massively successful at the box office. Shah Rukh Kajol’s on-screen chemistry had yet again charmed cinegoers. It has been two years since the movie released. While going through details of the film online, we bumped into some rather interesting trivia about the film that’s probably better than the film itself.
1. The song Gerua is the most expensive song to be shot in Bollywood. It was shot all the way in Iceland.
2. When Raj and Meera first meet after Meera hurts her leg, the violinist in the background is playing “Tujhe Dekha To Ye Jana Sanam” from “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge”
3. Shahrukh’s role was inspired by Amitabh’s character in HUM 1991
4. Shahrukh Khan had spotted a moustache for the film but later his look was changed in the film showing him in a full beard.
5. The look of Boman Irani’s comedian villain was inspired by Anupam Kher’s character in Hum.
6. The song “Manma Emotion Jaage” was sampled from the song ” Worth It” by Fifth Harmony and Jason Derulo – “Talk Dirty“.
7. The film was inspired by classic Hindi films like Chalti Ka Naam Gadi and Hum.
8. It was after 20 years that Kajol and Vinod Khanna worked together. The movie in which they worked was Hulchul (1995) with Ajay Devgan.
9. This movie was the last screen appearance of late Vinod Khanna, an acting legend.
10. Also, do you remember the scene in which Varun Dhawan stole the stereo? In fact, the stereo that was stolen that from the BMW 5 series is not a BMW Stereo, in fact, it looks to be a VW/Skoda one.