DNA Morning Must Reads: 22 killed in fire in Odisha hospital; 8-fold surge in infiltrations across LoC; and more
1. At least 22 killed, 20 injured in major fire at hospital in Odisha; probe ordered
The blaze was suspected to have been triggered by an electric short circuit in the dialysis ward on the first floor of the private hospital which spread to the nearby Intensive Care Unit (ICU). Read more.
2. Jammu & Kashmir: Eight-fold surge in terror infiltrations across LoC
The good news is that ‘surgical strikes’ have brought cheer at a time when infiltration is at an all-time high with 87 cases reported this year, while the tally last year was 10, said the official. Read more.
3. Mumbai: Fire breaks out at Maker tower in Cuff Parade
A fire breaks out at Maker tower in cuff Parade at Mumbai. Read more.
4. Triple talaq: Reformist Muslims to launch campaign for Uniform Civil Code
The Mandal will launch a campaign to seek support from Muslims for the UCC and a ban on triple talaq, and will also be organising a national convention in November in Pune to assert the rights of Muslim women. Read more.
5. Show Review Big Boss 10: Aam Aadmi rocks!
At the end of Bigg Boss 9, when the makers declared that the show will have commoners in the next season, it frankly did not spark much interest. Read more.